Sharing your YouTube content in your Twitter seems the perfect combination. YouTube lets you upload all types of video content, and Twitter makes it easy to share it with your content. You may end up with a viral video when your followers reshare it.
However, Twitter restricts the length of the videos you share to two minutes twenty. Therefore, sharing from YouTube to Twitter gives you a way to overcome Twitter’s video restrictions. In this post, I’m going to explain to you why to use video on Twitter and the ways to share and embed a YouTube video on Twitter.
Why Use Video on Twitter?
As people spend more time online in social media, Twitter continues to be one of the top social media networks in the US. It is estimated that over 20% of US internet users access Twitter on a monthly basis. Video is the best performing type of content on every social platform, engaging the users, catching their attention and communicating the brand message effectively.
How popular is video on Twitter? First, let’s check a few statistics that give compelling reasons to start sharing videos on this platform:
- There are over 2 billion video views on Twitter each day.
- Tweets with video have ten times more engagement than those without.
- Using video in your Twitter campaign with Promoted Tweets with videos save companies 50% on the cost-per-engagement.
How do you know what to share? Check this article to know how to Boost your Marketing Strategy With Advanced Twitter Search
3 reasons to use video on Twitter now
Video is the king of content, and Twitter gives you the chance to use it to share quick, fun and engaging content. If you need even more reasons to share video on Twitter:
- People spend most of the day on their phones, and Twitter is a mobile-first platform. Stats show that Twitter users prefer to consume and share the content from their mobiles, with 93% of video views happening on mobile.
- Video is the most shared media type on Twitter, with users sharing Tweets with videos six times more that Tweets with images.
- A video is a great conversation starter. Your users will comment, and reshare by using custom hashtags so your brand’s message will spread. Look at how we did it in UniClix.
How to Share a YouTube video on Twitter
There are two simple ways to share YouTube videos to Twitter:
#1. Using the YouTube sharing menu
While on desktop, log into your YouTube and Twitter accounts.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to share.
- Click on share in the below video. You will see several options
- Click the Twitter icon.
- Write an engaging caption for your tweet, then click Tweet.
- That’s it. You shared your YouTube video on Twitter.
Wait, you don’t want to share the whole video? No problem.
- Pause the video at the point you want it to start from.
- Click on Share.
- Check the small box at the bottom next to Start at
- That’s it. Now your video will start from the time you chose.
#2: Share it with a link
Share a YouTube video directly via Twitter by copying the video’s URL and paste it into your tweet.
How do you copy the video URL?:
- From the URL bar at the top of the browser tab.
- Right-click the video and select Copy video URL.
How to embed a YouTube video on Twitter
If you want to post a YouTube video on twitter without linking, you can embed the video on a Tweet. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your YouTube account.
- Go to the video you want to embed and click Share
- The option to embed would be at the left of the options in the menu after selecting Share.
- Click on the Embed option. You will get to a frame with the code to embed your video, click on copy.
In the same frame, you’ll have the option to choose when the video you share would start.
How do I schedule posting YouTube videos to Twitter?
Let’s say you don’t want to share the post immediately. Scheduling your tweets lets you take control of your social media campaigns. Using a scheduling tool like UniClix lets you plan days’ or weeks’ worth of shareable content with a couple clicks.
How do you use UniClix to schedule your video posts to Twitter?
- Go to www.uniclixapp.com
- If you don’t have an account, sign for a 14 day’s free trial.
- Have your YouTube account open in another tab.
- Choose the video you want to share.
- Click Share.
- Click Copy link.
- On your UniClix dashboard, on the left you can choose which social media account to post. In this case, choose your Twitter account.
7. Go to Create Post. Write a witty caption to your Video and paste the link to the video you want to share.
8. In the post go to Schedule. There you can choose the date and time you want to post the Tweet. If you want, you can add it to the queue and will be posted, and the next scheduled time.
Just select the option from the below display menu, select the date and time, and your post will be added to your content calendar.
Related content: 9 Tips to Keep an Engaging Twitter Feed
How to post a YouTube video on Twitter from your iPhone?
Since we all are most of the time on our phones, it would be useful to learn how to share YouTube videos on Twitter from your iPhone. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone .
- Go to the video you want to tweet. Tap the magnifying glass at the top of the home screen and enter some keywords. If you have the video on a playlist, tap library to look for it.
- The next steps are quite the same as for the desktop:
- Tap share. You’ll see a list of sharing options. Choose the one with the Twitter icon. This creates a tweet with the link to the video.
- Add a message or a clever caption.
- Tap Tweet. Your video and tweet were now shared with your followers.
Plan your Tweets with UniClix Social Media Manager
No need to share your company’s videos one by one. With UniClix Social Media Manager you can plan ahead your campaigns. Choose a week or a month ahead of videos. They can come from your YouTube channel or other interesting content you want to share with your audience. Then, schedule them easily in a few clicks with the help of the Social Media Manager.
Your campaigns will run smoothly, the tweets will be posted at best times, it’s a win/win situation.
Take the free trial now and see it for yourself.
Boost your Marketing Strategy With Advanced Twitter Search
9 Tips to Keep an Engaging Twitter Feed
The Ultimate Guide to Schedule Posts on Facebook and 6 Content Tips