Looking to improve the user engagement of your Instagram account? Adding videos is a great way to catch and keep the attention of your audience. Here at UniClix, we’ve prepared a quick guide to how to add videos to your Instagram account.
How to Post Videos on Instagram: Step by Step
- Why Instagram?
- Who are Instagram’s supporters?
- Why should you use Instagram for business?
- Benefits of Adding Video to Your Instagram Marketing Strategy
- 4 methods to post videos on Instagram
- Share Instagram video posts in IGTV
- Take Your Instagram Strategy to the Next Level by Scheduling Your Posts
Instagram continues growing year after year. Even with the pandemic, the number of users reached 1 billion. Here are some statistics:
- Total number of Instagram users
- 1 billion (Instagram)
- Total number of daily Instagram users
- 550 million (Instagram)
- Number of businesses on Instagram
- 25 million (Statista)
New to Instagram? Check out How to Post on Instagram: a Step-by-Step guide
Who are Instagram’s supporters?
- Age: 69% of U.S adults 18 to 29 years old are Instagram users
- Almost 30% of global Instagram users are between 18 and 24 years old.
- 72% of U.S teens use Instagram.
Why should you use Instagram for business?
Instagram is becoming more of a global marketplace besides a social network in the latest years. Last year they added Instagram Reels and shoppable adds to make the platform more effective for business owners.
Related content: Instagram Reels -All that You Need to Know
- 130 million Instagram users learn more about products through Instagram and Facebook shopping posts.
- 70% of shoppers discover a product through Instagram.
Benefits of Adding Video to Your Instagram Marketing Strategy
- Instagram TV appears larger on the Explore page than pictures. This gives you a good chance to catch your users’ attention.
- Instagram videos have automatic captions in 16 languages. Accessibility is important. Many people prefer to watch videos without sound, therefore having automatic captions can be an advantage for business.
- Marketing Investment for video is on the rise. Reels and Stories giving the type of short-term video content teens and young users want.
- Engagement for Instagram videos is rising, according to a report from E-marketer.
- Video allows you to share stories that cannot fit on an image. You can explain processes or tell a longer story. If you want to create brand awareness, it can be exactly what you need.
4 methods to post videos on Instagram
To create a video for Instagram, the only thing you need is a phone’s camera. The app allows you to edit it and use filters.
While you don’t need expensive equipment, there are some technical specs that makes the perfect Instagram post:
|Minimum length: 3 seconds|
Maximum length: 60 seconds
Size: there is no maximum size allowed but remember the larger the video, the longer it takes to load. Video format: MP4
Aspect ratio: Instagram requires the ratio to be between 1:91 and and 4:5
Orientation: you can post videos in portrait or landscape orientation.
Maximum dimensions: 1080px wide
Frame rate: 30fps or below.
How do you post a video on Instagram?
- Post videos on Instagram in-feed
That’s the most common way, posting an in-feed video. These videos are the ones you see when scrolling. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your Instagram and click the + sign.
- Select Videos. You’ll see your video collection.
- Select the video you want to post.
- Apply the filter
- Write a great caption
- Share the video.
- Post videos to your Instagram story
The process is similar than to post to an in-feed.
- Choose Stories. You’ll see the screen to take a picture.
- To choose a video from your gallery, tap on the little square at the left bottom.
The process afterwards is the same:
- Select Video in the list of options.
- Choose the video you want to post.
- Add stickers, GIFs or Apply a filter if you want
- Share the video to your Story.
|Instagram Stories video requirements:Video dimensions: 1080 x 1920 pixelsVideo length: maximum 15 secondsSize: no limit but try to keep it under 15MbFormat: MP4,|
- Send a video in a direct message on Instagram
The starting process is similar that posting to to your feed or story.
Remember that if you don’t have a video ready for uploading, you can use the following options from the Instagram app:
- Live video
- Add stickers and GIFs
- When you finish with your video and filters, tap Next.
- You’ll see the option of send it in direct message.
- Share Instagram video posts in IGTV
IGTV is Instagram’s option for YouTube. The advantage of IGTV is that you can post longer videos than in Stories or Feed.
How do you post a video to IGTV?
- Create a channel.
- Once you have the channel: Open the app and click the IGTV icon in the top of the screen.
- Click the + sign. This will open your media library and you can choose a video.
- Select a cover image and add a title to your video. Choose a frame from your video or an image from your camera roll.
|IGTV video specifications: |
Video length: Between 15 seconds and 10 minutes. Verified accounts can post up to 60 minutes. Video dimensions: 1080 x1920 pixelsFormat: MP4Size: 10 minutes or less 650MB maximum. Videos 10-60 minutes: 3.6 GBFrame: 30fps.
Uploading longer videos is allowed if done from a computer. If you wonder how to use Instagram from your PC, check these articles:
How to post to Instagram from PC
How to post to Instagram from Mac
Take Your Instagram Strategy to the Next Level by Scheduling Your Posts
Posting to Instagram every day can be a hassle. You need to choose the images, think about what you want to post, and come with a clever caption… It’s a full-time job. Things can be much easier with a bit of planning. For that, UniClix Instagram Scheduler can help.
Plan and schedule your entire Instagram strategy with a centralized dashboard. Create and plan your videos, having them ready to post at the best time. The app will publish the videos at your chosen times. Ramp up your Instagram. Sign today for a 14-day trial and you won’t get back to manual posting.