Did you know Instagram has over 1 billion active users? That’s right, 1/7 of the world’s population is there, at the reach of your marketing purposes. Instagram is proving to be one of the best advertising options for businesses today. If you are reading this article, you’re probably wondering how to use Instagram to grow your brand and/or business. In this post, we’ll start by learning how to post on Instagram, along with new tricks and tools on scheduling posts, and how to be consistent in your social media posting.
Here at Uniclix, our goal is to simplify your content curation process and scheduling Instagram or other social media posts with a couple of clix. You can also use our Social Media Manager to determine the best time of the day to post on Instagram.
However, if you are new to the app, your first question will probably be “How to post on Instagram”. In this blog, we will provide you with a detailed guide on how to post on Instagram.
If you are planning on posting images and videos on Instagram, we got you covered. We will walk you through on how to post on Instagram through automated tools like Uniclix and schedule your Instagram posts in advance.
In this How to post on Instagram guide, we’ll explore the following questions:
- Why use Instagram for business?
- How to post on Instagram
- Can I automate and schedule my Instagram Posts in advance?
Let’s get started.
Why Use Instagram for Business?
- More people are active on Instagram every day
As we said, more than 1 billion people are active Instagram users. But from those billion people, 500 million are active on a daily basis. With so many available users, you can surely reach an audience with a well-defined Instagram strategy.
- Any size of business can be successful in Instagram
Both large companies and small businesses can thrive with a dedicated Instagram account and well-rounded campaign. Businesses use Instagram to raise brand awareness and reach directly to their target audience, keeping with a routine of at least one post a day. Some stats:
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business
- 36.2% of B2B decision makers research new products or services on Instagram
- Over 80% of users use Instagram to research products and services for purchase.
- You can use Instagram for e-commerce
Instagram has been incorporating e-commerce features to help businesses make money from product placement. Features like the Shop tab, let users discover and buy directly through Instagram. Recently, the platform also incorporated shoppable posts. This enables you to add tags to the products on your Instagram photos, which link to a product description and price. Users can use the “shop now” option to buy from your online store.
With a conversion rate of 1.08%, Instagram is a great option for small businesses to thrive.
How to post on Instagram?
Let’s create a basic Instagram Post:
- Go to your Instagram account. Tap the + icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Take a photo in the app or select a photo/video from your library
You can post a photo/video, create a Story, Publish Live Content
Once you choose the image, click “Next” in the top right.
- Adjust the size.
- You can share horizontal or vertical images, zoom in/out to better focus on what you want to share.
- Try a gallery/carousel post
- If you have multiple images that you want to share : Tap the “multiple” Icon
- Select the images you want to share. The number at the top of each image represents the order you want them to appear in the carousel.
- Have fun with filters
- Once you finish, tap “Next”, then you can choose filters to enhance your picture and have fun.
- Choose between Instagram’s 24 filters. Click on one to see how it will look in your photo.
- Edit your post
- Even if you don’t choose a filter, you can adjust the brightness, angle, and contrast of your photo.
- Add Captions
The caption is the text that goes below your image. Keep in mind IG only shows the first three lines. Use this to convey short, inviting messages that catch the attention of your followers.
The right captions can catch the attention of the audience and gain you new followers or convert the ones you already have. A good caption entertains and adds value. For more information about how to write great IG captions, check our Instagram Captions: Make Your Posts Stand Out post in the UniClix blog.
Check this example
- Don’t forget to use hashtags, to optimize the post and make it easy to appear in user’s feeds.
- Want to catch the attention of someone who was in the picture with you? Tag them! Click on Tag People, to tag other Instagram accounts, on the post. You can also include their handle in your caption. Use this to call the attention of influencers/ industry people. Use it to ask a question, ask for an opinion of important people/companies in your industry, and start a discussion.
- Add emojis to make the content more interesting and convey emotions.
- Add your location
Target a specific market by adding your location to your image. This makes it easier for people looking for local services/products to find your post.
- Share in other Social Media Platforms
Below the “Add Caption” screen you can see an option that says “Also pos to:”
This gives you the option to maximize your campaigns by posting at the same time on several social media channels.
FAQs on How to Post on Instagram
Can I post on Instagram from my computer?
While Instagram doesn’t offer a desktop version, you can post to Instagram from your PC or Mac desktop. There are some features that are more difficult. However, it can be more practical when you need to regularly share company posts and videos to upload all media content via your desktop.
Marketers may find it easier to use the computer to edit all photos for the scheduled posts and then share them on Instagram.
Can I automate and schedule my Instagram Posts in advance?
When you use Instagram for business, maybe it is better to post using a computer than from your phone. However, this doesn’t solve the problem of scheduling and posting regularly to ensure engagement. Research shows that for the best results, post to Instagram at least one post a day.
Scheduling the posts, then becomes really important so you can keep your audience engaged with your posts. UniClix Social Media Manager allows you to create and schedule a week or month’s worth of posts so you can be assured that they will be posted at the right time to catch the attention of your audience.
How to post on Instagram from a computer?
- Go to www.instagram.com in your Chrome Browser
- Click on Settings
- Select More tools in the drop-down menu, then Developer Tools
- Click the Toggle device Toolbar button on the right side before Elements
- Select which mobile device you like to connect from the drop-down menu. Refresh the page and you will see your mobile Instagram interface in your browser.
- Upload an Instagram post the same way you will do from your phone, starting with the “+” button. (See above for instructions)
Related content: How to Post on Instagram from Your PC
How to post on Instagram from Mac?
- Go to www.instagram.com in your Safari browser. Select “Safari” from the tool bar and then “Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Go to “Advanced Features”. Select “Show develop menu in menu bar”
- Click “Develop” in the menu bar.
- Scroll and select “User Agent”. Choose the mobile device you want to connect.
- When you refresh the page, you will see the mobile interface of Instagram in your browser.
- Create a post like in your phone, by clicking on the “+” button.
Related content: How to Post to Instagram from Mac
Can I automate and schedule my Instagram Posts in advance?
How do you schedule Instagram posts with UniClix?
- If you don’t yet have an UniClix account, go to www.uniclixapp.com. You can and register for a 14-day free trial.
- Connect your Instagram account to the app.
- Create your first post.
- In the dashboard, go to Create Post
- Add an Image/video, write your captions and add emojis.
- The app will let you know if you have any issues with Instagram limitations. For example, in the above image, the file is a .PNG, so you get a notification that Instagram requires the image to be a JPEG.
- On the right, you can see your post preview, so you can check how it will look once you post it on Instagram.
- Schedule your post
- On the bottom right corner, select your posting option. Post Now, Schedule Post, Post at Best Time.
- If you want to schedule your post, select the date and time you want the post to appear.
- Don’t forget to select your post category.
- If you select Add to queue, the app will post at the next best time for your audience.
- You’re set! Your Instagram post will appear at the time it can get the most engagement.
Even better, you can create entire Instagram campaigns, promotions, special offers, and have them ready in the UniClix app, then they will appear at the best time.
Start now having a consistent Instagram strategy with UniClix, register for your free 14days trial now. Relevant articles: 9 Sure Ways to Grow Your Instagram Audience in 2020 , How to Find the Best Time to Post on Instagram , Instagram Reels- All that You Need to Know About the Tik Tok Competitor , Always Up-To-Date Guide to Instagram Dimensions for 2020