When you use Instagram for business, taking your phone every time you need to publish a post or review analytics can be a hassle. Posting from your computer can make your regular posting easier. Here at Uniclix, we prepared a quick guide to help you post from your computer in 5 easy steps.
Can You Post to Instagram from Your Computer?
The short answer is yes, you can post to Instagram from your PC browser. However, it can be a bit tricky, as Instagram doesn’t offer a desktop version. The platform is meant to be used in-app. Nevertheless, it is possible to post to Instagram from your computer.
Why May You Use Your Computer to Post to Instagram?
If you are using Instagram for business, or if you work as a social media manager, uploading photos, posts and videos may be easier from the computer than from your phone.
Posting from the computer also helps you manage media files. You can edit the images, schedule your posts, plan the captions, etc.
How to Post on Instagram from Your Computer in 5 Steps
- Go to www.instagram.com. On your browser, click on Settings (on your Chrome browser, the three dots on the right corner).
- Choose More tools on the menu and then Developer Tools
- Find the Toggle device icon and click on it.
- Choose from the list, which type of mobile device you want to sync with. First, check the “Responsive” option, so your screen adapts regardless of the device. Then choose your device model from the list. You can also choose the zoom percentage from the drop-down menu.
When you’re done, refresh the page. You will see the mobile interface of Instagram right on your computer screen.
Upload a post from your Computer
You can post on Instagram from your desktop the same way you could do it from your phone:
- Select the + icon
- Choose an image from your computer and click open.
- Edit the image or add a filter.
- Write a caption, add a location, or Tag people.
- Share with your feed.
You can publish multiple posts, images, and videos, and any combination from your desktop.
New to posting on Instagram? Check our How to Post on Instagram guide.
What’s the Ideal Time to Post on Instagram?
While the ideal time will depend on who is your audience and when are they on Instagram, there are statistics that show what are the best days according to the time zone. For instance:
Central Daylight Time:
- Between 2 and 3 pm.
- The best day to post on Instagram is a Thursday, you should post at 5AM, 11AM and 4 PM.
- In fact, the best time for Instagram engagement is posting at 5AM from Tuesday to Friday.
- Why? Because most people check their phones when they wake up.
- The best day to post on Instagram is still Thursday.
- The worst day to drive engagement on Instagram is Saturday.
- You should aim to post on Instagram at 6 am, 11 am and 8 pm on weekdays.
- You should aim to post on Instagram at 11 am 6 pm and 8 pm on weekends.
In reality, the best time and day to post will depend on your audience. Ask yourself these questions:
- What is my audience time zone? – You should plan your posts at a time your audience will probably see them.
- Is my product/service geared to B2B or directed to the consumer? This has the potential to change greatly your best times to post. If you post for a business audience, then aim to post on weekdays. If you are geared to the consumer, then post when your customers are on a break or on weekends.
- With Uniclix you can schedule own timezone and posting schedule. Each time that you configure becomes a time slot in your scheduling queue. Uniclix schedule setting will allow you to schedule posts at your desired time, you don’t need to think about the date and time when each post should be published, all you need to do is add them to your queue and they’ll automatically be placed into the next available time slots and published as part of your usual posting flow.
Want to know more about the best time to post on Instagram? Check our complete guide.
How often should you post on Instagram?
Our research suggests that ideally, you should aim to publish once or twice daily posts on Instagram. Since you want to keep your audience engaged, it is important to plan your posts in advance. Here are some tips:
- Choose a day to do your Instagram media planning for the week or month.
- Select and upload all your images. Do the editing or filters.
- Write all the captions.
Using an Instagram scheduler like Uniclix can help you plan and automatically publish all your posts for the month.
Schedule and plan your Instagram Posts with Uniclix
Uniclix Social Media Planner is more than an Instagram scheduler. You can create, plan, schedule, and automate your Instagram posts.
Need help with keywords and captions? The content curator will auto-suggest content according to relevant keywords.
Ready to start planning your Instagram posts? Register for your 14-day free trial.